EIC Activities’ Geotechnics team has engineers with a diverse range of experience and capability to provide support throughout the project life-cycle - extending from site investigations and design, through to construction phase services and defect liability assessments.
The Geotechnics team brings together a group of industry experts and highly experienced geotechnical professionals with consulting, design and construction experience.
The Geotechnics team maintains close ties with Australian universities and undertakes cutting-edge research into construction industry challenges, continually improving solutions.
Jeff Hsi, Technical Director – Ground engineering said, “EIC Activities’ geotechnics, tunnels and structures specialists work seamlessly together, delivering the highest level of technical advice and design services.
“As an in‑house engineering team, we fully align with CIMIC Group’s interests and can be rapidly mobilised to meet our client’s urgent requests.
“Our efficiency and effectiveness in adding value to projects and tenders are evident in our track record. Our greatest reward is to see our ideas and life-cycle solutions realised and implemented successfully.”
Idy Li, Group Manager – Ground Engineering said, "The depth of technical experience and breadth of expertise within the Geotechnics team has allowed us to repeatedly deliver optimal ground engineering solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients.
"We maintain market leading services by building knowledge, applying cutting-edge technologies, and developing software and research collaborations with internationally acclaimed universities.
"We are proud to uphold our reputation as a trusted advisor for our clients – a position that continuously motivates and drives us to help our clients achieve their objectives.”
The team's geotechnical capabilities and expertise include:
- Geotechnical investigation and interpretation - Provision of site investigation planning, scoping and management and interpretation of geotechnical data for determination of parameters and profiles.
- Soft soil engineering - Detailed assessment and review of soft soil parameters and design of ground improvement techniques such as preloading and surcharge, dynamic compaction, concrete injected columns, deep soil mixing, and stone columns.
- Piling and foundations - Design of pile foundations, pile group analysis, review of pile test results, pile driveability assessments and constructability of cast in-situ piles and driven piles.
- Retaining structures - Design and construction of all types of retaining structures including soil nail walls, bored pile walls, secant pile walls, diaphragm walls and reinforced soil walls.
- Numerical modelling - Capabilities to undertake complex 2D/3D numerical modelling using advanced geotechnical packages such as PLAXIS 2D/3D, RS2/RS3, MIDAS, and Strand7.
- Earthworks - Advice on earthworks, slope stability assessment and design of slope stabilisation measures, earthworks testing, quality assurance/control, quarry material and reactive soils.
- Instrumentation and monitoring - Implementation of CIMIC Group’s proprietary Geosens solution - an intelligent multi-source data capture, analysis and reporting solution for real-time geotechnical condition monitoring and risk management.
To find out more about the geotechnical team’s capabilities, download their latest capability statement here.