EIC at your service: CIMIC Group's engineering consultancy
EIC is accredited for a multi-disciplinary consultancy and advisory services, including geotechnical, structural and tunnel engineering, across infrastructure, and buildings sectors.
"EIC's integrated design solutions, combining our expertise in geotechnics, tunnels and structures, ensures effective and efficient design delivery for CIMIC’s projects. We also undertake proof engineering and design management as part of our service offering."
EIC has recently provided a broad range of design services to the CIMIC Group companies. Some examples are given below.
West Gate Tunnel – Bridge 91 (VIC)
EIC carried out the design of both the construction engineering and associated major temporary works for a curvilinear shared path cable-stay bridge for the West Gate Tunnel project in Victoria. EIC’s design services included a detailed analysis of the bridge during construction to ensure the structure is not overstressed and the design of temporary towers, support frames and beams required for staging.
Metronet NEWest Alliance (WA)
EIC conducted value engineering and temporary works design for the duplication of Mandurah lines and the extension of the Joondalup Line in Western Australia. EIC was involved in the design optimisation for retaining wall, bridge and station structures, and the design of high-risk temporary works including working platforms, rail crossings and excavations adjacent to critical structures.
Cross River Rail RIS (QLD)
EIC undertook the detailed geotechnical design and independent verification for both temporary and permanent works for the Cross River Rail RIS project in Queensland. The design tasks delivered by EIC included bridge, building and OHLE foundations, construction platforms, retaining structures and earthworks. EIC was also responsible for the interpretation of geotechnical conditions.
M6 Stage 1 (NSW)
EIC provided a range of design services for the Transport for NSW M6 Stage 1, covering both temporary and permanent works. EIC’s services range from essential temporary works design, including site establishment, temporary hoardings and fences, to high-risk complex design tasks such as the concept of a binocular shaft replacing a conventional rectangular shaft and tunnels constructed in soft ground with high earth and groundwater pressure.
North South Commuter Rail Package 3B Tender (Philippines)
EIC delivered the design for the North South Commuter Railway tender in the Philippines. EIC’s design services included excavation support for a metro station, ground support for underground passageways and TBM cross passages and openings. EIC successfully delivered the tender design within a very short tender period and incorporated relevant construction methods into the design.
Subject matter experts
EIC employs well-regarded industry Subject Matter Experts and can provide specialist services for:
- Technical review, challenge & advice
- Technical (engineering/design) management
- Proof engineering & independent checking/verification
- Design services for concept, tender, detailed & temporary works design
Specific design capabilities in the areas of geotechnics, tunnels and structures are listed below.
- Geotechnical assessment and interpretation (GIR)
- 3D ground profiling (Leapfrog model)
- Retaining walls and foundations
- Earthworks excavation, material reuse, cut & fill foundation treatment & batter stability
- Soil structure interaction & numerical modelling
- Soft soil engineering stability & settlement assessment, soft ground treatment
- Instrumentation & monitoring (GeoView)
Tunnels and underground structures
- Ground support rock bolts, shotcrete, excavation sequence
- Tunnel linings precast segments, cast in situ linings
- Caverns, break outs & cross passages
- Cut & cover tunnels
- Underground structures shafts, station boxes
- Predicted effects and building damage assessment
Bridges and other structures
- Bridges in concrete and steel, segmental, incremental launch and cable stay
- Civil structures including cut and cover and precast elements
- Building structures
- Critical temporary works
- Construction Engineering staged analysis including time dependent effects
- Heavy lifts